- What is Melbourne Art Foundation?
- Who is on the Board of the Melbourne Art Foundation?
- How is the Melbourne Art Foundation funded?
- When is the next Melbourne Art Fair?
- Can I buy artwork at Melbourne Art Fair?
- How are the galleries selected for the Fair?
- Can Artists apply to exhibit at Melbourne Art Fair?
- How are the Commission and Project Room artists selected?
- What are the Terms and Conditions of entry to Melbourne Art Fair?
- Who determines the recipients of the Awards for the Visual Arts?
- Can I nominate someone for an Award for the Visual Arts?
What is Melbourne Art Foundation?
Melbourne Art Foundation is a not for profit organisation established to support living Australian artists.
The current activities of the Foundation include:
- the commissioning of specific pieces of contemporary art
- the selection and presentation of awards for living Australian artists and Australian art visionaries
- the provision of presentation grants to artists through project spaces
- the hosting of the biennial Melbourne Art Fair
- the presentation of an education program, including lectures and forums promoting education, discussion and interest in contemporary art and an education space
- the coordination of a Lovers Program for supporters of contemporary art
Who is on the Board of the Melbourne Art Foundation?
Ken Fehily (Chairman)
Co-Directors: Emilly-Rose Davis and Laetitia Prunetti
How is the Melbourne Art Foundation funded?
Melbourne Art Foundation relies on the generosity of its donors and sponsors to cultivate, foster and support talent. Become a Melbourne Art Foundation donor and be part of our innovative, inspiring and enriching programs. Your contribution will help fund a range of contemporary art programs delivered by Melbourne Art Foundation in support of living artists.
The generosity of our individual donors is acknowledged on printed material, in relevant collateral, and on our website. Donors receive priority invitiations to events, launches and functions. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Corporate sponsors can experience the best in contemporary art through tailored packages for clients and staff. Melbourne Art Foundation offers its corporate sponsors significant opportunities to connect their brands with the work of the Foundation, including networking and educational opportunities, VIP event invitations and acknowledgement in collateral material. Corporate packages are not tax deductible.
Melbourne Art Foundation is supported by federal, state and local governments who recognise the important role the Foundation plays in the support, development and advocacy of contemporary art and artists.
Melbourne Art Foundation programs could not take place without the vital support of our sponsor partners.
When is the next Melbourne Art Fair?
Melbourne Art Fair is held biennially, the next Melbourne Art Fair will be held in 2014.
Information regarding Melbourne Art Fair 2014 will be announced shortly.
Can I buy artwork at Melbourne Art Fair?
Artworks exhibited at Melbourne Art Fair are available for sale.
All components of Melbourne Art Fair directly benefit living artists. Over it's 24-year history, the Fair has generated a wealth of national and international commercial and critical attention for artists and galleries. The 2012 Fair was attended by over 27,000 people and provided living artists with an estimated AUD$5M from sales.
Presented by the Melbourne Art Foundation - a not for profit organisation with its primary goal being the promotion of contemporary art and living artists and raising awareness of artists working today - the Melbourne Art Fair is a breakeven event that takes no revenue from the sale of artworks.
How are the galleries selected for the Fair?
Registration for Melbourne Art Fair is by invitation only. Melbourne Art Foundation invites selected national and international galleries to participate.
Only galleries who represent living artists and hold regular public exhibitions on their own business premises are admitted as Exhibitors.
If you wish to be considered for the Melbourne Art Fair you should send through an expression of interest which includes details on your gallery, the artists you represent and a proposed program sent to:
Melbourne Art Foundation
PO Box 2528 Fitzroy VIC 3065 Australia
Can Artists apply to exhibit at Melbourne Art Fair?
Only galleries are admitted as Exhibitors. Some deviation from these admission conditions may be allowed in exceptional circumstances, but only at the discretion of the Melbourne Art Foundation Board.
Artists who are not represented by a gallery exhibiting at the Fair may feature work in the Project Rooms.
How are the Commission and Project Room artists selected?
Curated components of Melbourne Art Fair including Project Rooms, Artist Commissions and Special Projects are selected by the Melbourne Art Foundation. There are no formal application proceedures for these programs. Artists are encouraged to introduce their practice to the Foundation, this can be done by a formal expression of interest sent to:
Melbourne Art Foundation
PO Box 2528 Fitzroy VIC 3065 Australia
Please note due to the number of submissions received the Foundation is not able to return materials.
What are the Terms and Conditions of entry to Melbourne Art Fair?
1. Ticket prices subject to change at any time without notice.
2. A valid ticket must be produced to gain entry to a ticketed exhibition. Tickets can only be used during the specified exhibition dates and times.
3. Where Concession tickets are applicable, valid identification must be provided for purchase of tickets and presented at the exhibition entrance. If you are unable to present proof of entitlement you will be required to upgrade to an Adult ticket.
4. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. The replacement of lost, stolen or missing tickets may be permitted under certain conditions at the sole discretion of Melbourne Art Foundation and fees may apply.
5. Advertised programs, lectures or forums may be varied without notice. Artists may be added, withdrawn or substituted and the right to vary prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity is reserved.
6. If you are unable to print the online ticket, tickets can only be collected by the credit card holder who purchased the tickets online or by provision of the booking receipt number. Tickets can be collected from the 'Collections Window' at the Box Office during opening hours.
7. We will request and record contact details necessary for the provision of the service. These details will not be added to a mailing list or disclosed without your consent. The collection of personal information is regulated by the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic).
8. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of the Melbourne Art Foundation, be resold for commercial packages or at a premium, nor may it be packaged or used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
9. Visitors are permitted to take photographs with hand-held cameras for personal use. The use of photographic equipment or access by the media or film crews is not permitted without the permission of the Melbourne Art Foundation.
10. The right of admission is reserved by the Melbourne Art Foundation and Royal Exhibition Building.
11. Attendance of the event is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
12. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
Who determines the recipients of the Awards for the Visual Arts?
Melbourne Art Foundation makes an open call for nominations in each category, including from public and commercial galleries, independent art spaces, artists, philanthropic circles, collectors and members of the public.
Nominations for the Awards are considered by a Judging Panel comprised of members of the Melbourne Art Foundation Board and Director, overseen by an Independent Convenor.
Can I nominate someone for an Award for the Visual Arts?
Yes. Melbourne Art Foundation makes an open call for nominations each each category: Artists Award and Visionary Award.